Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

How I Lost The Love Of My Life

If I were to look back on my life, I can pin-point the exact moment I fell in love. It was love at first sight, crazy, unpredictable, and life changing. I can remember the fluttering in my stomach and the chills that went through my entire body. I even remember the exact song that was playing; the chords still make me shiver.

The moment was perfect…until he saw the love of his life. 

It was pretty heartbreaking. The chords no longer sounded like my wedding song but the song that would be played as I was prosecuted for murder. Ironically, the name of the song was Start Of Something New

It was the start of something new for me, it was the beginning of an era. Also known as January 26, 2006; the release date of High School Musical One. On that date, I fell in love, was betrayed, and still ended up singing along to the movie. 

I’m not entirely crazy, according to Wikipedia, HSM1 was the most successful movie Disney Channel Original Movie (DCOM) ever released. It was so successful that DCOM created a franchise. 

At the young age of five, I was in love. Zac Efron was my first celebrity crush (still is one now!). Vanessa Hudgens was the first girl who made me jealous and Ashley Tisdale was the girl I aspired to be. 

Not only did I love the movies, my parents loved me. They provided me with tickets to see High School Musical On Ice. The experience was magical and I was never more in love. The only downside, was there was no Zac Efron, but only a measly card board cut out in his place (I'm still bitter!). 
Me and the Bae (image source: my mommy)
You may be thinking “What’s wrong with this girl? It’s been about ten years and she’s still crazy over a movie.” 

You are thinking correctly. I am still in love with the HSM movie trilogy and probably will always be. If you must know, I missed Supper Bowl 2015 to watch a HSM marathon (it was sing-along, let’s be real and get our priorities straight). 

The HSM trilogy was life changing, it was perfect…and it was the last good DCOM movie ever created. It’s success rate was beyond imaginable. It was so amazing that the third movie went into theaters instead of being an TV only movie. I’m pretty sure it is the only DCOM movie to ever do that. Now, that’s the power of music. 

High School Musical was literally the best movie DCOM has ever created. The amazing trilogy that shaped the lives of thousands of people was incredible and the start of an era. 

Sadly, that era ended in the worst way possible. On October 4, 2008, the release date for HSM3, was the beginning of the end. The HSM movies were ending and gross new movies began. The farther we move into the future, the crappier DCOM become. 

The sad, sad ending to my childhood will always haunt me. Although, I will always cherish the sing-alongs and perfect duets between the love of my life and the actually really cool girl who chose her education over a boy (hey DCOM! really good life advice!).  

Lots of Love, 

Shaun 

No comments:

Post a Comment