Pages

Monday, February 22, 2016

How To Not Let A Crazy Mom Ruin Your Night

I love concerts. 

I love basically everything about them; from the loud screaming and the loss of hearing that inevitably comes after. I love watching artists preform and hearing the drums and bass vibrate through me. 

Vance Joy Is My Bae (source: me! this is my picture!)
I just really love concerts. 

Saturday night, I went to the Elle King/Vance Joy concert and basically died. 

It was so incredible. Elle King was so cute and literally the embodiment of wow. She sang really well too. Vance Joy is so talented. I saw him as an opening act in the fall, but wow! wow! wow! he got so much better! His ukulele is the cutest thing ever! I can confirm, dear reader, that he is 100% bae material. 

I really, really, passionately love concerts. 

Sadly, there is one thing I hate about concerts: the other people there. 

They all suck. 

They make me want to cry.

I almost started a fight.

I would have, I swear.

But I’m 5’3 and very blonde looking. It’s a true travesty. Also I was one and a half people away from the security gate separating the standing room and the stage. I was not going to lose my spot. 

I really, really wanted to slap someone though. 

Now, before you think I’m so weird, violent child, let me paint a picture for you. 

There was this family of forty year old sisters, one of the sisters teenage daughter, and her eight year old. 

First, who brings their eight year old to a standing room only, late night concert? Second, who expects to have said eight year old have enough space for three people. 

Apparently, these people. These god awful people crete a bubble around the daughter who was sitting on the floor on her phone. I literally wanted to step on her. 

If you’ve ever been to a standing room only, first come first serve concert, you know that the front is packed. There are so many people, it’s crazy. And even if it’s negative two outside, inside is over seventy degrees because of body heat. It’s incredible, but the feeling of being in the crowd is really cool. 

This mom, apparently has never gone to a concert before. She complained about the heat for ages and asked the security to put on the air conditioning! We were in a warehouse! Literally! The concert was held at the Saltair

Next, this was one of my favorite wtf moments of the night, is her mama bear reaction to a girl standing behind her daughter. 

Like a girl comes up next to me, with her hands in her pockets, and stood still. Her friends came up next her and also stood still. The concert hasn’t started yet, the lights has not even dimmed! 

Then, the mom turns around and goes ballistic. She starts yelling at the girl next to me, saying “Don’t you f’ing touch my daughter!!” 

The girl next to me starts yelling back at the mom. Suddenly, the mom is like “don’t f’ing curse around my daughter.” 

I am trying to hold my laughter, because the mom is bat shit crazy. The mom then proceeded to ask security to remove the girls. 

Guess what? She wouldn’t remove them. It was a real shocker. 

What wasn’t a shocker, was the fact the security stood next to the mom for the rest of the night. 

Additionally, there were two twelve year olds behind me who made animal noises the entire time. It was horrible. 

Luckily the concert was kick ass. It was so incredible. Seriously, 10/10 would recommend them.

Go listen to Vance Joy, 


Shaun 

No comments:

Post a Comment