Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Why Voting Shaun Is Better Than Voting Donald

AHHHH! AHHHHH! AHHHHHHH! AHHHHHH! 

Above, dear readers, is my current emotion/mood/probably soon to be adapted lifestyle. 

In fact, as I am writing this blog post, I am internally (and occasionally externally) screaming. 

If you are wondering why I, Miss-I-am-so-cool-calm-and-collected-hell-froze-over-then-defrosted-because-it-felt-intimidated-at-how-cool-I-am, am currently screaming, I can tell you. In fact I can do more than tell you, I can write a blog post about it. 

My desire to scream steams from the phrase: student council. To be more specific, the phrase that is causing me all the stress ever is “sophomore representative.” 

To be more clear, I am running for sophomore rep. 

I am very excited about it, I enjoy helping people and running things. 

Except, campaign week is starting Monday. As in tomorrow. As in I don’t have a completed speech, slogan, and have twenty more posters to write. 

I am so stressed it’s crazy. 

I am also sleep deprived.  And that never leads to anything good.  Ever. 

For example, the only slogans I can think of right now bash the current presidential candidates. I mean saying I don’t have any intentions of building a wall or have never been accused of being the zodiac killer may seem like pros for me, but they assume other peoples political views. 

As much as I hate to admit it, there are people out the with “Make America Great Again” hats. For example, this kid in Maine wore a hat to school and the reaction was incredible (for anti-trump people.) My favorite quote of the article was "(Students have been) knocking my hat off a lot. (I’ve) had it thrown in the trash can once." 

But, assuming someones political views is not the way to go, as my lovely friend had to tell me millions of times. 

Sadly, I can’t think of another slogan. My mom suggested taking a nap, but I don’t have the time to waste. I still have twenty more posters to create. For tomorrow morning!

AHHHHHH! AHHHHHHHH! AHHHHHHH!
me using instagram as propaganda @ three am
(source: @shaunroberts_)

But, dear reader, I can do things other than complain  Now, I’d like to give a shout out to my amazing best friend ho stayed up until three am on a Friday night making posters with me. 

You, my dear, are incredible. Kudos to you and everything you do. 

I’d also like to thank my sister, who stenciled posters for me. She also gave me some pretty good advice on my speech. (Which is incredible, except for now I need to rewrite like all of my speech.) 

Also, my father deserves some credit too. He has listened to me stress for the past week without telling me to shut up. In fact, he also gave me some great advice. 

Lastly, I would like to send kudus to whoever invented social media. Social  media is a great tool for promoting your campaign. (Which may or may not be why I am writing this blog post right now.)  

So, dear readers, I am off to figure out a slogan and try not to fall asleep. 

Vote for Shaun and not Donald Trump, 


Shaun 

1 comment: